Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twe0708

Lesions On Liver

Just had a CT Scan done and the doc said it looks like I have a lesion or cyst on my liver. My symptoms are just my stomach aching/cramping. Anyone else have this and if so, what other testing did you have after a CT Scan to determine if it is or isn't something to worry about. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just had a CT Scan done and the doc said it looks like I have a lesion or cyst on my liver. My symptoms are just my stomach aching/cramping. Anyone else have this and if so, what other testing did you have after a CT Scan to determine if it is or isn't something to worry about. Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but they found a couple of spots in my liver during an ultrasound while they were looking at my gallbladder. For me they just repeated the scan 6 months later, and as the spots hadn't grown they said it was a hemangioma, which is like a birth mark in the veins of the liver, nothing to worry about.

If you're worried about it I would ask the dr surgery about further testing, I would hope that they would tell you whether it was anything to worry about or not.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but they found a couple of spots in my liver during an ultrasound while they were looking at my gallbladder. For me they just repeated the scan 6 months later, and as the spots hadn't grown they said it was a hemangioma, which is like a birth mark in the veins of the liver, nothing to worry about.

If you're worried about it I would ask the dr surgery about further testing, I would hope that they would tell you whether it was anything to worry about or not.

Thanks for the information. Did you have any pain in your stomach area? I have been experiencing stomach pain for a while now.

Thanks for the information. Did you have any pain in your stomach area? I have been experiencing stomach pain for a while now.

Im pretty good now as I am on an elimination diet, but I did use to have a lot of stomach pain. It could be linked to the fatty liver, which I think was linked to mild insulin resistance, as I am 25, pretty much a non-drinker, and had a pretty healthy diet there was no real other reason for the fatty liver. I don't digest fats still, not sure why, but unless I eat something I know I shouldn't I don't get regular stomach pain anymore.

I won't lie, when they found the spots it freaked me out. I just remembered that when they did the first scan they found one bright spot and 2 dark spots, one of which was found six months later but hadn't grown (the hemangioma), and the other 2 weren't visible on the later scan. I was told not to worry about it, it's like having a birth mark in my liver.

That said, I had a good dr and was able to talk it over and get reassurance at the time. There are a lot of things that can cause stomach pain, but it's important that you are able to discuss this with a dr and find out if your results are meaningful. I don't know enough about the area to be able to tell you, sorry :)