harmony74

Dizziness

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for about three years. I used to have a lot of symptoms from dizziness to anxiety to bone pain. Well, two days ago I accidently ate some wheat. I actually felt okay, but two days later all of a sudden I have major dizziness, some joint pain, fatigue, wasn't able to focus and was irritable. I thought it was odd that the symptoms appeared two days later rather than immediately. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or could shed some light on this? I had some mild symptoms yesterday, but today it was pretty bad. The dizziness caused mild nausea and I almost fell down a couple of times at work.

I have been gluten free for about three years. I used to have a lot of symptoms from dizziness to anxiety to bone pain. Well, two days ago I accidently ate some wheat. I actually felt okay, but two days later all of a sudden I have major dizziness, some joint pain, fatigue, wasn't able to focus and was irritable. I thought it was odd that the symptoms appeared two days later rather than immediately. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or could shed some light on this? I had some mild symptoms yesterday, but today it was pretty bad. The dizziness caused mild nausea and I almost fell down a couple of times at work.

Sorry to hear you are going through this again. I think we both have been gluten-free for roughly the same period of time. One thinks one is over it but not in fact. Things still happen.

I have often had a delayed reaction to gluten--as well as a series of symptoms indicating gradual degrees of detoxification from it. This includes joint pain, tiredness, irritability/quarellsomeness, dizziness and difficulty focusing as well as depression.

The plain old blues rerun of yesteryear, right? At least this is how I often felt pre-gluten free. The good news is that it won't last.

When able I suggest you take long walks or do some other exercise, and if you can sauna. Its also a good idea to eat lots of veggies and yogurt, drink dandelion tea and lots of water.

At times it goes away in three days, and at others it takes two weeks or even a month. Hope it won't be that severe for you.

I personally am getting over being glutened a lot recently. I took care of my mom for three months which ended up being a mistake, esp. since her doctor and my older sister insisted she go on a gluten challenge. Whereas she stayed well I got far too many migraines and then D as well as lung congestion and as noted, body aches, confusion and ennui. I left of course, however the damage was done.I have noticed that since then I am a lot more sensitive now than I was both to gluten and paint. I know I will get better again, however I have to honor the fact it will take some time. For now I need to be super careful again.

No matter what it seems the symptoms often vary. Patience and a sense of humor are key.

Bea