So going over some classics I have not had in years and sticking with a keto/Plaleo diet I decided I missed fish sticks. Found a few recipes and modified them and gave myself options.
For the pork rinds I suggest either BaconHeir Pork Panko and season to taste to choose your favorite seasoned ones and pulse in a food processor for panko. I personally tried with Epic for more crunch, and 4505 is smoother better tasting. Alternatively you can use NutCrumbs or seasoned almond meal.
3-3.5oz Pork Panko (grind pork rinds in a food processor)
1lb Cod Fillet cut into "Fish Stick" shaped strips
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2tsp Black Pepper
3 Large Egg
3 tsp Water
1. Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet slightly greased
2. In a small bowl mix the coconut flour, salt, pepper
3. Place the ground pork rinds (season to taste if you wish or use preseasoned), in bag
4. In a bowl whisk the Eggs and water, one by one take the pieces of fish, roll lightly in the flour mixture , dip in the egg mixture, put in the bag and give a shake then place on the greased baking sheet
5. Bake 20-25 mins til lightly golden and then remove and serve immediately. (I do some extra for crispiness)
Bonus, if you have extra breading, flour mix, and eggs, combine and maybe a bit more egg and make hush puppies.
I loved these with some Primal Kitchen Ketchup