mathieml

Could Celiac be triggered by vaccines?

Rate this topic

My daughter had the HPV Vaccine last year. It was administered in three doses in April 2015, May 2015, and August 2015. Immediately after the third dose, she started having weird symptoms such has headaches, irritability, and a general feeling of being unwell (which she never had before). About three months later she started having gastro symptoms, most notably constant nausea. For several months we tried to figure out what was wrong and none of the doctors knew. After seeing many doctors and having a battery of tests, she was finally diagnosed with Celiac in August 2016. Her intestinal damage was a 3b Marsh score.

No one else in our immediate or extended family has Celiac (myself and my other daughter were tested and are negative). No one else has symptoms or any indication that they could have Celiac. I feel like my daughter could have gone her whole life without being triggered and I'm feeling very guilty for making her get this controversial vaccine.

I have done a lot of research and there seems to be conflicting studies regarding vaccines and autoimmune diseases. Some say there is no link, while others say there is a possible link, but it cannot be proven at this time. No one seems to know for sure what triggers Celiac...could it be vaccines?

I'm wondering if anyone else feels that their Celiac Disease was triggered by a vaccine?  

I also think that the HPV/Gardasil vaccine triggered something in my body. I had some Celiac symptoms many years before this vaccine but I felt ok. I was physically very active. However, after I received the third dose as well, I began having more problems including a more persistant pain, overall body weakness, lack of concentration, hair loss, etc.