Rate this topic

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone else has heard of my symptoms. I have coeliacs and have been gluten free for 9 months. All my joint pain has disappeared but I have extreme pain on the heel of one foot. It feels like it is bruised so I walk on my toes on that foot a lot. I find Im hobbling around at work..  My Gastro has never heard of this and thinks its unrelated but Im not so sure. I also continue to have a very sore mouth. No sores, just sore all around the inside.  Gastro told me to go to a dentist who found zilch. Any one have any ideas? Im thinking a new Gastro might be a good idea at this point too!

Thanks

I do not think that kind of pain is related to celiac disease, but I could be wrong.  In any case, it would be better to see your GP and maybe get a referral to an orthopedist.  I injured my heel a while ago.  My neighbor, an ER doctor who specializes in Ortho, pretty much laughed at me.  He said that I would not be able to stand the pain if it were truly fractured.  He said that the heel, which is really hard to fracture, normally can break when falling from a distance (e.g. Off a roof or ladder).  I guess I just bruised my heel as I don't recall falling off my roof.  ?  I was back to running in a few days.  ??‍♀️

No clue about your mouth.  Hope you figure it out.  

Edited by cyclinglady

Is the foot pain worse in the morning? It could be Plantar Fasciitis and, drum roll, peal of trumpets....  there may be a link to gluten. The reason I know this is because I've been having a sore right foot on waking for a few days now and weirdly enough was coming on here to see if there was any connection as I think I've recently been glutened. Sure enough: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25063015

Of course that doesn't mean that it's gluten in your or my case or indeed that your pain is plantar fasciitis, but maybe with the mouth soreness as well it's a sign in your case of inflammation, something isn't agreeing with you. Do you think there's any chance of cross contamination in your diet? 

4 hours ago, Jmg said:

Is the foot pain worse in the morning? It could be Plantar Fasciitis and, drum roll, peal of trumpets....  there may be a link to gluten. The reason I know this is because I've been having a sore right foot on waking for a few days now and weirdly enough was coming on here to see if there was any connection as I think I've recently been glutened. Sure enough: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25063015

Of course that doesn't mean that it's gluten in your or my case or indeed that your pain is plantar fasciitis, but maybe with the mouth soreness as well it's a sign in your case of inflammation, something isn't agreeing with you. Do you think there's any chance of cross contamination in your diet? 

So THAT is what that pain was, I had this a few months ago. Hurt like crazy, the suggested treatment is basically what I did. I went and had a deep tissue massage done on it. EXTREMELY painful. But was fine the next day, found it odd cause it felt like a hardish lump in my foot and walking on it felt like crushed glass in the heel. I actually thought I had glass shard I perhaps stuck in there when it first happened.

Sorry I can not help on the mouth pain, I get a bunch of odd mouth issues like receding gums, dry mouth etc. I find myself using xclear brand xylitol mints and gum to keep the mouth from feeling to dry. Biotene mouthwash also helped in some cases, unsure if this would help out with it.