Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mally-bug

Pre Packaged Gluten Free Foodss

Can anyone out there tell me why all the gluten free pre packaged foods tend to have a higher calorie content than the conventional counterparts. I love the pizza crusts but for a 7" round it's 280 calories. The hamburger buns are 270. So as I am new to this whole thing, I really don't want to GAIN weight just because the bread substitutes are so high. Even the granola is 270 cals for 1/4 cup. Yikes! I think the only carbs I will ever eat are fruits and veges. Maybe rice and an occasional potato. Suggestions are welcome! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

THe calorie count in gluten-free flours tends to be higher...hence the products they are in tend to have higher counts.

also beware that sometimes people gain weight on this diet b/c now your body is absorbing everything right! I'm a bit over weight and My Dr really cautioned me on this b/c of that!

I eat alot of natural gluten-free foods just b/c they are healthier and only do pizza and pasta occassionaly b/c of the calories!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana