Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mally-bug

Pre Packaged Gluten Free Foodss

Can anyone out there tell me why all the gluten free pre packaged foods tend to have a higher calorie content than the conventional counterparts. I love the pizza crusts but for a 7" round it's 280 calories. The hamburger buns are 270. So as I am new to this whole thing, I really don't want to GAIN weight just because the bread substitutes are so high. Even the granola is 270 cals for 1/4 cup. Yikes! I think the only carbs I will ever eat are fruits and veges. Maybe rice and an occasional potato. Suggestions are welcome! :P

gluten free since 7-07 with positive dietary response

Enterolab results positive for gluten sensitivity

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

THe calorie count in gluten-free flours tends to be higher...hence the products they are in tend to have higher counts.

also beware that sometimes people gain weight on this diet b/c now your body is absorbing everything right! I'm a bit over weight and My Dr really cautioned me on this b/c of that!

I eat alot of natural gluten-free foods just b/c they are healthier and only do pizza and pasta occassionaly b/c of the calories!