Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoriG

Frustrated - Not Getting Well/questions About Enterolab

Hi there-

I got my enterolab results and it said I have a celiac gene and gluten intolerance gene, positive antibodym(18), and moderate malabsorption score (771) SO I believe I have Celiac's Disease because I haven't felt good my whole life.

I also have hashimoto's thyroid disease - so between the two I am still very, very fatigued, constipated, and irritable and depressed. My new doc is putting me on a new thyroid med to get that working better, but it has been almost 3 months gluten-free and 3 weeks dairy free. I am no better! Nothing and I'm frustrated. I read all of these people getting better so much quicker! Is it celiac or thyroid? Both? Ugh!

This was missed because I have fatigue, depression, irritability, and constipation so they were focusing on thyroid.

My new doc says the enterolab results don't necessarily mean I have celiac's, but when I got the results I was RELIEVED because I finally had an answer to this lifelong struggle. Now I'm not so sure and it is taking so long to get well. Any thoughts?

Years of symptoms: depression, chronic fatigue, insomnia, irritability, constipation

Hashimoto's/Hypothyroid 2001

Had to go into alternative medicine to get answers

Positive enterolab results 10/07

Gluten free 8/07

Dairy free 10/07

Adrenal fatigue

Still not all that well - looking at other foods intolerances

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Okay I'm 3 months into it also. My doctor's have doubted that my enterolab results are true about me having Celiac Disease, but I am sticking with it - just gluten free/dairy free for 6 months...then I will look into eliminating the others...like soy, rice, or corn products...

I would recommend waiting it out. The majority of people I have met took around 1 year to heal.

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

Okay I'm 3 months into it also. My doctor's have doubted that my enterolab results are true about me having Celiac Disease, but I am sticking with it - just gluten free/dairy free for 6 months...then I will look into eliminating the others...like soy, rice, or corn products...

I would recommend waiting it out. The majority of people I have met took around 1 year to heal.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is good to hear that I'm not alone - waiting for health! Hopefully others will respond with how long this takes.

Years of symptoms: depression, chronic fatigue, insomnia, irritability, constipation

Hashimoto's/Hypothyroid 2001

Had to go into alternative medicine to get answers

Positive enterolab results 10/07

Gluten free 8/07

Dairy free 10/07

Adrenal fatigue

Still not all that well - looking at other foods intolerances

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter