kayo

Restless Legs Gone After Going Soy Free

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a bit of good news. I have struggled with restless legs and a restless body at night my entire life. I can count on one hand the amount of 'good night's sleep' I've had in nearly 40 years. I never wake up rested and it takes me a long time to wake up and be productive. I typically spend my mornings in a fog. Since I was diagnosed as baby with RA everything was/is blamed on the RA. As such I believe my gluten and other food intolerance have gone unnoticed and overlooked.

I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I've taken sleep aids at times in my life but I'm not crazy about being on so many meds so this is something I learned to live with. When I went gluten free I was hoping the restless legs would go away since I read this was a symptom but after 5 months gluten free no such luck. I began to think maybe it was the RA after all.

Then when I went soy free a few weeks ago - voila! - the restlessness went away! I stopped soy on a weekend, cleaned out the pantry and so on and by Tuesday I was sleeping through the night. My legs were comfy and rested. My feet didn't kick or rub together. My hips didn't need to toss and turn all night. I have been sleeping amazingly well since. No trouble going to sleep or staying asleep and I actually feel rested when I get up. I also don't have the morning fog. I really feel quite good!

I'm learning a lot about gluten and soy and I'm interested in seeing what other improvements I have as i continue the gfsf diet.