nickimarie10

New To The Gluten-free Diet

Rate this topic

I was told by my close friend (who was diagnosed with Celiac disease about a year ago) that its possible I could have a slight allergy to Gluten products. Before her diagnoses she and her husband were trying to get pregnant but had no luck. She was then diagnosed for Celiac and 3 weeks later she got pregnant from taking all the gluten stuff out of her daily life. Now she has a bouncing baby boy!

Im trying this out to see if it will give me a more positive outlook and maybe help cure a few things. Im an asthmatic and was diagnosed with ADD as a child and ADHD as an adult. I heard that it could help them, and make life a little easier on me.

Anyone want to help push me in the right direction. It seems that having people give me advise versus browsing the internet and looking for stuff that could be wrong.

Please help?? :)

Unfortunately, there is Celiacs, gluten-intolerance and then allergies.....all which can affect you much the same but CAN be very different. There are so many different symptoms that affect people so differently, yet many things can be in common. The average Celiac takes at least 10 yrs to be officially diagnosed. I, personally, am only gluten-intolerant, but it reacts much like an allergy. The "up side", if there is one, is that there is only one real "cure" for all of them......eliminating glutens from your diet. I have read many things saying that some of the misdiagnoses include the ADD and ADHD you mention. I know my own BIL was highly allergic to many things as a child and he was "diagnosed" as such till they discovered his allergies. If I were you, I'd try eliminating the glutens. What can it hurt? Be sure to read labels, read labels and read labels. Even after you get used to certain products you are able to have, companies change recipes and facilities processed and all that is indicated in a change of labels, but we tend to not notice if its something we are used to consuming. Be sure to look at EVERYTHING, because you'd be shocked at where you find wheat!!! And understand glutens include more than just wheat. Your friend will be able to help you greatly with all this. Good luck!

I was told by my close friend (who was diagnosed with Celiac disease about a year ago) that its possible I could have a slight allergy to Gluten products. Before her diagnoses she and her husband were trying to get pregnant but had no luck. She was then diagnosed for Celiac and 3 weeks later she got pregnant from taking all the gluten stuff out of her daily life. Now she has a bouncing baby boy!

Im trying this out to see if it will give me a more positive outlook and maybe help cure a few things. Im an asthmatic and was diagnosed with ADD as a child and ADHD as an adult. I heard that it could help them, and make life a little easier on me.

Anyone want to help push me in the right direction. It seems that having people give me advise versus browsing the internet and looking for stuff that could be wrong.

Please help?? :)

Not to discourage you, but I'm also diagnosed ADD, and while my physical aches and pains have disappeared, my GI issues have gotten increasingly better, and the issues of fatigue are a thing of the past...my ADD symptoms haven't shown any signs of decreasing. So perhaps it will help, perhaps it won't. I still say it's worth trying, as if you follow it strictly, you may find many issues that will clear up and your healthier eating is bound to pay off.

Thanks for the heads up! Im going to try the gluten-free. I cant help but try. If anything Ill stick to it and overtime look and feel better too.

Ive been looking up recepies all day to find stuff I know that I will eat. Its just going to the store and spending 2xs as long as I normally would so that I can find the stuff I can eat.

Turns out Im finding more and more people that are on the diet or have Celiac.

Thanks you guys!

If you have anything yummy to pass my way please do.

Thanks for the heads up! Im going to try the gluten-free. I cant help but try. If anything Ill stick to it and overtime look and feel better too.

Ive been looking up recepies all day to find stuff I know that I will eat. Its just going to the store and spending 2xs as long as I normally would so that I can find the stuff I can eat.

Turns out Im finding more and more people that are on the diet or have Celiac.

Thanks you guys!

If you have anything yummy to pass my way please do.

Once you get the hang of it, the store trips go much faster. My first few visits were painstakingly slow, but now, I can get in and get out quickly.

Best brownies I know of: http://killthegluten.blogspot.com/2007/09/...e-brownies.html (courtesy of board member purple, and the lovely ladies on the kill the gluten website).