macocha

Endoscopy Scheduled For My Son

Rate this topic

on Wed the 17th. He is a bit nervous, but will do fine. He is 12 - almost 13. They will be putting him completely out for this.

His blood levels were TGG AGA - 22 (10 was line I guess)

and his TGG IGA was 27 (9 was line).

so his levels were high considering the limit.

I have not elminated gluten yet and GI doc said good for the endo results. he said he has seen some come back negative even with the levels son is at. But I am wondering since his allergy test showed an allergy to wheat as well. He also has a low Vitamin D count - which I noticed is common for celiac.

on Wed the 17th. He is a bit nervous, but will do fine. He is 12 - almost 13. They will be putting him completely out for this.

His blood levels were TGG AGA - 22 (10 was line I guess)

and his TGG IGA was 27 (9 was line).

so his levels were high considering the limit.

I have not elminated gluten yet and GI doc said good for the endo results. he said he has seen some come back negative even with the levels son is at. But I am wondering since his allergy test showed an allergy to wheat as well. He also has a low Vitamin D count - which I noticed is common for celiac.

Even if he has a negative biopsy, you need to do a strict gluten free diet. Blood tests are very rarely false positive, and a biopsy takes 6 samples from 30 ft of intestines.