macocha

Need Some Help With Siblings' Test Results...

Rate this topic

Okay, the twin of the one diagnosed with celiac had this result:

Ttg IGA less than 3 (range is less than 5 is negative)

Immuglobin A - 86

Immuglobin G - 1040

Immuglobin M - 83

Ranges apparently are

A - 33-235

G - 592-1723

M - 36-314

So this is good. Is there any other test we should do? Or is he looking good.

Now my 4 year old had these results. And those ranges I put above were given to me for the 4 year olds...would they be different for a 12 year old?

TTG IGA - less than 3

A - 108

G - 608

M - 51

Is there anything that stands out or should I be okay with all of these results - based on your folks' experiences.

Thanks in advance! I really need reassurances :)

I'm no expert but it doesn't seem like they did the whole celiac pannel on them. Did they do IgA and IgG gliadin antibodies?

I'm no expert but it doesn't seem like they did the whole celiac pannel on them. Did they do IgA and IgG gliadin antibodies?

No - they only did the TTG IGA and Total Immuglobin IGA.

what is missing? I have an appt for follow up with the one diagnosed with Celiac, so I will ask him more specifically. I am just confused on what I should test them for.

They need the antigliadin antibodies IgA and IgG and Anti-endomysial (EMA). The lab where I took my kids would not run the EMA if the tTg was negative. But the oldest did have the total IgA, tTg IgA, antigliadin antibodies IgA and IgG and reticulin antibodies. My youngest only had the tTg done even though a "celiac panel" was ordered, the lab would not recognize "panels" so defaulted to the tTg IgA test and total IgA. They would have run all of them if the doctor would have wrote out each test separatly. That's what I had them do when I had the oldest retested. Younger brother is not showing any signs, but I was still concerned with older brother.

I sent you a msg. thanks.