Rate this topic

Wow! You guys are speaking my language...so happy I found this site. I've been searching for an answer for too many years now.

I was born in Scotland. Through a lot of research, I think I might be onto something here. I have ALL these symptoms and just feel something different is wrong.

Are the odds greater of having this disease due to the fact I am British born? I have read something about this.

I want to know as I have two sons and two little granddaughters.

Any comments??

Hi Swiegie,

I have read many things about about European descent having Celiac the most. My boss, who is also from Scotland, printed out this article for me the other day from one of the newspapers in Scotland. It was talking about a women there who is making her own gluten free bread and how she will end up making so much money from her new business. It also goes on to say that they estimate about 15% of people in Europe have celiac disease. It was a very interesting article. He gave it to me a couple weeks ago so maybe you can still look it up. I would let you know the date but I left the article at work.

Hi Swiegie,

I have read many things about about European descent having Celiac the most. My boss, who is also from Scotland, printed out this article for me the other day from one of the newspapers in Scotland. It was talking about a women there who is making her own gluten free bread and how she will end up making so much money from her new business. It also goes on to say that they estimate about 15% of people in Europe have celiac disease. It was a very interesting article. He gave it to me a couple weeks ago so maybe you can still look it up. I would let you know the date but I left the article at work.

There's a thread about this here:

It had to do with someone of Irish descent, but it still might be helpful.

Yes, the risk for celiac is greater in people of irish, scottish and northern european descent.

Just google celiac or coeliac scottish