amsparky

Should I Even Bother? Allergy Testing Vs. Celiac Diagnosis

Rate this topic

Hi all!

I am a loooooong time lurker, but decided to go ahead and ask my question. Like many other newbies, I am debating whether or not to get a Celiac diagnosis. Here's the deal - I tested positive for wheat allergy (among many others), but the issue is that it was via progressive intradermal testing. When I was tested via the skin prick test, no reaction occurred. Apparently the intradermal is supposed to be less accurate, but it is sometimes more accurate when it is progressive...confusing, I know. All I know is that I was stuck so many times I wanted to cry and they couldn't even finish the test because I was reacting so much.

Despite the conflicting info, I went gluten-free and when I stick to it, I feel WAY better. Problem is, as we all know, it is a tough lifestyle to stick to.

I am just looking for other opinions - is it even worth the effort to see if it is Celiac's? The only reason I am still doubting is the differing allergy test results.

Thanks for any advice and have a great day!

Alana

Well, after speaking with my dr, she recommended going completely gluten-free to see if it eliminated all symptoms. So, back on the gluten-free train I go! It would be SO much easier if I weren't also allergic to dairy and yeast...

Despite the conflicting info, I went gluten-free and when I stick to it, I feel WAY better.

I think this is your answer....