IGA, Serum: 313 MG/DL

Reference Range:

81-463

Gliadin IGA AB: 4 U/ML

Reference Range:

<11 Negative

11-17 Equivocal

>17 Positive

What do these numbers mean? I understand that it is negative according to the numbers. I read on here that Gliadin is the important one. Do any of these relate to gluten intolerance, and not specifically celiac? Well, on to the GI doc I guess.

This is what my celiac panel says:

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IGA AB: <3 U/ML

Reference Range:

< 5 Negative

5-8 Equivocal

>8 Positive

IGA, Serum: 313 MG/DL

Reference Range:

81-463

Gliadin IGA AB: 4 U/ML

Reference Range:

<11 Negative

11-17 Equivocal

>17 Positive

What do these numbers mean? I understand that it is negative according to the numbers. I read on here that Gliadin is the important one. Do any of these relate to gluten intolerance, and not specifically celiac? Well, on to the GI doc I guess.

Gliadin relates specifically to gluten intolerance while the tissue transglutaminase test relates specifically to celiacs. The serum test was just there to check to make sure you didn't have some sort of IgA system deficiency that could have rendered the other two tests pointless. This isn't the case in your specific example. According to the blood tests you received, you are free and clear of gluten problems. However if you still feel symptomatic in the presence of gluten products, the only absolute test is whether you respond to a gluten-free diet.