Katie B

Anyone Else Accused Of Having An Eating Disorder?

Rate this topic

Saw my GP today and he asked whether I had any eating disorders - this is after a long haul with 2 intestinal infections (including potential celiac disease) and newly diagnosed with hypopituitarism (including a loss of 15 pounds when I was on the thin side to begin with). Still suffering from severe constipation but I think this is a side-affect of everything and I just need to get enough fibre and let things settle down. He's fully aware of what I've been through and it just seems a bit insensitive to be asking this at the end of the process. I can see where he's coming from but if he only knew what it was like to have diarrhea 10-15 times a day for a few months he might understand why I'm so underweight. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yes, I did before I was diagnosed. I was down to 97 pounds and I am 6 ft tall. Literally strangers would stop me on the street and tell me I needed to get help. I wanted to slug them :angry:

I had 10 doctors, and no one knew what was wrong with me. 10 years I was sick.

Whew. Ok. Rant over.

I gained so much weight so fast after diagnosis that no one thinks that anymore :huh: