PetuniaLady

Hormones And Celiac

Rate this topic

Since my diagnosis in July 2008, I have had problems digesting anything but white rice flour. It seems to be worse one week before my period. For example, after I eat Udi's whole grain bread, I will develop gas problems. I am also lactose intolerant and can only eat yogurt processed 11 hrs. Another example, I have been able to eat Udi's muffins with little problems except 7-10 days before my period. I also have DH so I know as soon as I have eaten gluten products. I have not broken out or taken dapsone since January so I know I've been gluten free. It's just been very difficult to handle gluten free products that have more fiber in them. I've had to stop my multi-vitamin and my Vitamin E due to the gas problem also. Has anyone else had problems like this? Have they noticed that the hormone cycle has influenced how you digest your food?

I take a lactose enzyme if there is diary in the food and have tried Digest Gold Enzyme when I'm eating something with a higher fiber content. Nothing has helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.