DVjorge

I Need Help From You Guys

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I wish all you be well. My story with intestinal problems began during 2008 after a long antibiotic round for an UT infection. It looks like I developed an intestinal candidiasis after the antibiotics damaged my friendly intestinal flora. Anyway, during this battle, I have been trying to rule out other problems and gluten was in the list. In 2009, my GI dr took samples of my small bowel which were sent to analysis. The results came back only showing mild gastritis but not Celiac. So, my biopsy was negative. My Dr also ordered a Celiac blood panel which came back negative. Even with those results, I wanted to go gluten free for a while to see if my intestinal issues got better. I did and got the idea it helped but never had a total resolution of my symptoms. Since I was taking several supplements to aid my digestion and following and anticandida diet, I can not say for sure if gluten was the real problem. Even during those day, I ate small amounts of gluten without feel any difference. Last month, I decided to order an antigliadin IGA antibody test from Enterolab and I got the result today. Antigliadin Iga antibody = 13 units. Negative < 10. How you notice my result is positive but very close to the normal range. Guys, I am not sure if this could be a false positive or not. I don't know how different can be a 9 from a 13 ??? I realize that healthy people can have an small amount of antigliadin antibodies in stool since a normal result is less than 10. It is confusing me because I have a negative biopsy and a negative blood panel. Also, I don't know of any Celiac case in my family , and I have read that constipation can rise the antigliadin antibodies. I don't know if it could be a good idea to order the gene test from another lab to see if I get a positive DQ-2 or DQ-8. According to Enterolab criterion, there are more genes involved in Celiac than DQ-2 and DQ-8 so, 90% of the population carry some causative genes so to get a gene test from them , will probably be a positive. I don't know if the way to go is to follow a very serious gluten free diet for 3 months and see if this change my intestinal problems at all. What could you do in my case???

Thanks a lot,

Jorge.

Hi everyone,

I don't know if the way to go is to follow a very serious gluten free diet for 3 months and see if this change my intestinal problems at all. What could you do in my case???

Thanks a lot,

Jorge.

This would be what I would do. A positive is a positive. False negatives are common but not false positives.