Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdunk

Dyshidrotic Eczema

Greetings,

I have been diagnosed with dyshidrotic eczema in the past and have had it on my feet on and off for the last 8 years. I stumbled upon celiac's disease as a possible cause. In the last two years it has spread to my knees and elbows. It is definitely worse in the summer and is a little more bearable in the winter. Sometimes it mostly clears up and I can only find one or two areas. I tried being mostly gluten free for about a week and it seems to be clearing up on my feet. However I decided to go back on gluten to go ahead and try to have it diagnosed so that I can know for sure. I have been back on gluten for about 2 days now and my feet still seem to be doing well. Do you have to be on gluten again for a while in order for the symptoms to return? The eczema is the only symptom I appear to have (if it's even related to celiac's at all...) Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms? I would love to hear any thoughts that people might have. Thanks so much!

S

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Greetings,

I have been diagnosed with dyshidrotic eczema in the past and have had it on my feet on and off for the last 8 years. I stumbled upon celiac's disease as a possible cause. In the last two years it has spread to my knees and elbows. It is definitely worse in the summer and is a little more bearable in the winter. Sometimes it mostly clears up and I can only find one or two areas. I tried being mostly gluten free for about a week and it seems to be clearing up on my feet. However I decided to go back on gluten to go ahead and try to have it diagnosed so that I can know for sure. I have been back on gluten for about 2 days now and my feet still seem to be doing well. Do you have to be on gluten again for a while in order for the symptoms to return? The eczema is the only symptom I appear to have (if it's even related to celiac's at all...) Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms? I would love to hear any thoughts that people might have. Thanks so much!

S

I'm pretty sure this is the rash I had on my knees 2 years ago. It went away eventually with medicated cream, but I've discovered that i'm gluten intolerant or a celiac. (I haven't had any tests, but I'm positive I am.)