Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TPT

On My Way To Gluten-Free Bakery

Again~ Still waiting on my diagnosis, but I am starting to prepare myself, and learn about my diet options.

Someone just told me a few weeks ago about a bakery that opened a few months ago that is gluten-free. It gets rave reviews and is about 3 miles from my house. I'm not even sure what I'm going to get, but I want to take a look. Yesterday, there happened to be a big article in the paper about it.

Any suggestions on some staples I should try? I'm at least going to buy a loaf of bread. I also hear she makes great ravioli.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Where is this bakery located and the name?

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

T can't answer. He/ she went without us! :(

You know I wish everyone had a city or even a state on their profile. Sometimes I read about a gluten-free place/item and then spend time researching only to find it is in a state 5 states away :( I am north of Dallas....

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

You know I wish everyone had a city or even a state on their profile. Sometimes I read about a gluten-free place/item and then spend time researching only to find it is in a state 5 states away :( I am north of Dallas....

When I first got on this forum, the box with your picture, dates, post # , etc used to say where you were from ( if you wanted). Hopefully, T will come back and post.

Hi everyone! Sorry! I live in Central NJ. I guess I'm allowed to post the name??? It's in Ford's NJ and it's called "Fallon's Gluten Free Bakery." If you Goolge it, there was an article in thnt.com yesterday. It took me probably about 8 minutes to get there. I just got a loaf of bread which was $7. Seemed a bit expensive, but I think you can pay that much for "regular" bakery bread. I tasted just the end piece and it was really good! Though I'm new to trying out gluten-free, so I don't have much to compare. I would totally eat it, gluten issues or not.

She also gave me a sample of crumb cake, which was yummy. Next time I go back, I want to try ravilois.

I also must admitt since I'm not gluten-free yet, I also stopped at McD's for a cheeseburger. :huh: I'm livin' it up until I get tested. :P (Luckily, I don't get violently ill like some of you.)

Fallon also has a website if you happen to live in the area.

Tara

P.S. Promise to get working on my profile.

My goal one of these days is to start a bakery. gluten-free of course. :lol: I have to figure out how to do this, though, as I have 0 business sense! Anyone want to help???

If you live in Kansas City area, I think I could help! Have some connections you will need. However, we have 3 commercial gluten-free bakers here. No walk up bakery. They sell to restaurants and grocery stores.

If you live in Kansas City area, I think I could help! Have some connections you will need. However, we have 3 commercial gluten-free bakers here. No walk up bakery. They sell to restaurants and grocery stores.

I'm in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Wish I was closer. I think it could work here...I just need to find a business person to advise me.