Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sierracr

Test Results?

I started having symptoms (bloated, gas, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue) about 4 1/2 months ago, which only got worse and worse. I then started to realize eating foods like bread, granola, and pizza triggered the symptoms, and went to the doctors. On the test order sheet, it says she ordered "tissue transglutaminase IGA, IGG". The results came back, and although I haven't seen them yet, she says that they were negative for signs of gluten intolerance.

Just want to clarify something here. After doing a bit of research online, is it possible that my test results are a false negative? I thought I read something about needing more than just that one test she ordered to test for celiac. And I also thought that there was no real definite test to determine gluten intolerance other than to try a gluten free diet- blood tests were to aid in the diagnosis of celiac, correct?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

Mine came back negative as well.. Which didn't really make sense.

I did read that if you are gluten sensitive that the test wouldn't necessarily come back positive.

Supposedly the tests are specifically for Celiac and celiac meaning already to the point of destroying digestive walls and leaking into blood stream.

if you are gluten intolerant or sensitive like me then maybe thats why the test didn't come back. I was told the difference between Gluten sensitive and Celiac is like comparing a sun burn from the sun to 3rd degree burns from a burning fire.

they both burn but at what degree.

I hope this helps even just a little. You can read my post tomorrow and you will see more on what I wrote about negative test results.

Its under Celiac- pre-diagnosing, testing, symptoms, and the title should say, All the symptoms but Negative test results.

Have a good night.