Kelly81

Waiting For Blood Tests For 6 Year Old Daughter

Rate this topic

Our 6 year old daughter has had bouts of vomiting over the last 5 months, the first few were a month apart, and the last 3 weeks have been every week. It always happens early morning and she will vomit non stop for about an hour after a few hours, she is completely back to herself. It is not gastro. I have kept food diaries and the only thing that is the same before the vomiting episodes is bread/pasta etc. I have been diagnosed with gluten intolerance only recently. I do not know a lot about it at all, but I'm trying my hardest to see if it is something affecting our daughter. We are waiting for the blood test results and should get them tomorrow, other than the vomiting, she has a little pot belly, but I put it down to puppy fat. She does not get diarrhoea. Has anyone else had a gluten intolerance or Coeliac with vomiting as a symptom? She is being tested for a couple of other things but I really think it is a gluten reaction?

If she does not have an intolerance/Coeliac, I'll be very happy, but also joined this forum to educate myself as well.

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

Kelly

My son is also a vomiter. He does get diarrhea along with the vomiting as well though. I'm sorry about what you are going through with your daughter. You're in the right place here. Everyone here totally understands. Best of luck on the test results!

Melika

The results are back and are negative for coeliac, I don't know what the results were exactly, I have to wait for the Doc to review them first and will go from there. I still think it might be gluten related and my next step is gluten free to see if it relieves the symptoms. I will update once the full results are available to me.