JH85

Talked To My Doctor Finally :-/

Rate this topic

So I went to my doctor today (finally) about my symptoms he said it sounds just like Celiac. He did a blood test and should be getting back to me shortly. Kind of nervous about this :unsure: I also discussed with him my in ability to always walk in a straight line and my balance issues which I read something on here about Ataxia that could cause this. He did some tests in his office, which I did not exactly pass with flying colors :( Waiting now for the neurologist to call me or my doctor with an appointment. Gotta have an MRI done. I hate those things, only had one other done before when I had torn my meniscus in my left knee. Those things are sooooo loud and intimidating lol... Oh well, I will let you guys know my results soon as I get them myself. That is if anyone cares :( Wish me luck everyone!! :)

So I went to my doctor today (finally) about my symptoms he said it sounds just like Celiac. He did a blood test and should be getting back to me shortly. Kind of nervous about this :unsure: I also discussed with him my in ability to always walk in a straight line and my balance issues which I read something on here about Ataxia that could cause this. He did some tests in his office, which I did not exactly pass with flying colors :( Waiting now for the neurologist to call me or my doctor with an appointment. Gotta have an MRI done. I hate those things, only had one other done before when I had torn my meniscus in my left knee. Those things are sooooo loud and intimidating lol... Oh well, I will let you guys know my results soon as I get them myself. That is if anyone cares :( Wish me luck everyone!! :)

I care! :) Glad you are on the track to getting some answers. It sounds like your doc might be a good one, which is so refreshing to hear these days!

I have balance issues, too. :unsure: I cannot turn around too fast (like in the kitchen, from the stove to the sink) without loosing my balance. If it happens in public, like the grocery store, I always look around to see if anybody saw me....they might think I was drunk. :blink:

Good luck, and keep us posted for sure! :)

So 2 days later and no news from neurologist with an appt. And of course both doc's offices are closed tomorrow. I live in Central NY and everyone is waiting to see what Irene has in store for the east coast. One more unforeseen occurrence to dampen the mood around here..... Better keep the rum and tequila coming!! :P:D:lol:

So 2 days later and no news from neurologist with an appt. And of course both doc's offices are closed tomorrow. I live in Central NY and everyone is waiting to see what Irene has in store for the east coast. One more unforeseen occurrence to dampen the mood around here..... Better keep the rum and tequila coming!! :P:D:lol:

Sorry you haven't heard back yet...grrr! :angry:

At least rum and tequila are gluten free! :P

Stay safe!