gem75

Is This A Sign Of 'Being Glutened'?

Rate this topic

i've been off gluten ... again. It's been almost 2 weeks (the time before i was off for over a month, i wont fall off wagon again;) anyways, 've noticed i'm having 'regular' look stools since going back on. I've noticed some 'non-regular' looking stools. Is this a possible sign of being glutened?

last night we went to chiplotle for dinner. I have to chicken corn tortillas , chips and salsa and within like a half hour i felt extreme exhuaustion and a horrible, horrible headache. Hubs thinks things don't happen that fast. I took clomid almost 2 weeks ago, so i suppose it was a clomid headache?? but then this morning my stool was mushy again, no AS mushy as it can be, but still not HARD like it should be.

So... what do you think??

i've been off gluten ... again. It's been almost 2 weeks (the time before i was off for over a month, i wont fall off wagon again;) anyways, 've noticed i'm having 'regular' look stools since going back on. I've noticed some 'non-regular' looking stools. Is this a possible sign of being glutened?

last night we went to chiplotle for dinner. I have to chicken corn tortillas , chips and salsa and within like a half hour i felt extreme exhuaustion and a horrible, horrible headache. Hubs thinks things don't happen that fast. I took clomid almost 2 weeks ago, so i suppose it was a clomid headache?? but then this morning my stool was mushy again, no AS mushy as it can be, but still not HARD like it should be.

Within a half hour of eating gluten my ears hurt, even quicker than that. Extreme exhaustion sounds like my symptoms, sometimes a headache. The time period varies, I found. It probably depends upon many variables--for instance, what you ate before that, when you ate, etc. Our bodies are constantly dealing with our environment outside and what we put in them so I'd think it'd be totally normal for reactions to vary just like our daily lives. Plus, hot peppers, if you had them, speed up our heart and metabolism a bit, right? So reactions might be quicker? Guessing...

interesting about the spicy aspect, probably very true. I got extra spicy last night:)

I don't go to Chipotle that often, I just happen to like Qdoba better, but you know with Qdoba that steamer that they throw the corn tortilla in to make it nice and soft is the same one they have been tossing flour tortillas in all day for their burritos. I stopped getting any of their tortillas or their chips just out of fear of cross-contamination of some sort. I gained this fear after a bad experience there once similar to yours. Now I just always get a 'naked' burrito, basically just the guts of a burrito in a bowl, without the wrap, and have been fine going on dozens of visits there now. Anyway just something to consider when out at any build-your-own-burrito place!

Yeah I think what you said about your stool sounds accurate, at least that is what happens with me when I have been lightly glutenized. This is so gross... but my stools had been so soft or just liquid for so long that when I finally went gluten-free that the first poop I had after avoiding wheat was so huge and solid I thought I might die of a heart attack it hurt so bad, hahahaha. I guess I didn't realize how puny my prior bowel movements had become until that moment. If I accidentally eat a small amount of gluten it might start looking like weird shapes or fluffy again and I might have a bit of a rumbly stomach for a day or two, then all that goes back to normal. A large amount of gluten and I'll be in pain and rushing to the bathroom about 10 times in one day and then feel weak and want to sleep the rest of the day. Sometimes I get a headache too. A severe attack like that usually hits me as soon as 8 hours after eating gluten, or as much as 2-3 days after. 24 hours is probably about the norm for me though. I usually know right away that it is not going to be a fun day though, my intestines start making this 'popping' feeling... hard to describe.