Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cjake625

Coming Up On 1 Yr Gluten Free - What Blood Work Should I Request

Just received a letter from my Gastro Doc saying it is time for Lab test - I was diagnosed with Celiac last August and I was just wondering what blood work I should have done. I just want to make sure he does the necessary test.

Thank you.

I would ask for the DGP, which is the correct test for dietary compliance and a repeat tTg, which is the one that tests for intestinal damage.  You want the DGP to be as low as possible within the normal range given but the tTg may take more time to come into normal. Do not be upset if that one is not normal because some people need more time for healing.  You may get lucky and it will be normal but not all people reach normal tTg within a year.

Good luck!

I would ask for the DGP, which is the correct test for dietary compliance and a repeat tTg, which is the one that tests for intestinal damage.  You want the DGP to be as low as possible within the normal range given but the tTg may take more time to come into normal. Do not be upset if that one is not normal because some people need more time for healing.  You may get lucky and it will be normal but not all people reach normal tTg within a year.

Good luck!

Thank you very much...