sweetsailing

Siesta Key/sarasota Florida

Rate this topic

I just returned from a trip to Siesta Key FL, which is a barrier island off the coast of Sarasota.  I was a bit nervous about finding good gluten free food while there but I was delighted to find some great options.

Demetrio's Pizza (Sarasota) - They had "THE BEST" gluten free pizza that I have ever had.  I have tried alot of gluten free pizza and this was by far the absolute best I have ever had. 

The Hub Baja Grill (Siesta Key) and The Cottage Bar & Grill (Siesta Key) - These two resturants are owned by the same people and run from a common kitchen.  They had great fresh and creative dishes that were naturally gluten free.  I had some great ceviche and an awesome salmon salad. 

Bonjour French Cafe and Crepes (Siesta Key) - We stopped here for breakfast since they advertised gluten free crepes and I wanted to try them.  They make them from buckwheat and although it tasted good, beware cuz I was glutened from them.  I was kind of leery about 4 - 5 bites into it and stopped eating it but it was already too late.  Although they are likely gluten free, I suspect they were cross contaminated and cooked on the same griddle as all the other crepes.  The service here was not great either, so this one was a pass from my perspective.