Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

alicia29

Travel To Ocean City, Maryland

Rate this topic

I will be traveling to ocean city, maryland in a few days. We will be staying in a room with a kitchen so I can do my own cooking but I was wondering if I should take my own food or are there good options in the grocery stores there? I can find info on the restaurants there but not on the stores.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Click on this link for a store I found with with gluten free items

http://gilliansfoodsglutenfree.com/store_locations/Maryland.html

When I travel I usually take my own toaster and I don't use the microwave in the room to avoid cross-contamination.  I do not use their dishes, cutlery or pots/pans.  I take a couple $ 1 store dishes and my own cutlery and a tiny cutting board.  

I sometimes can't find gluten free items easily at my destination, so I take some stuff with me.  I pack 1 box cereal, 2 loaves gluten-free bread, 1 pkg ginger snaps.  I buy fresh veggie and fruit trays at my destination.  I also buy packaged salad and I do take my own gluten-free salad dressing and some of my own condiments. 

If I'm at a hotel, I take a couple hard boiled eggs at breakfast and make myself some egg salad sandwiches.  I pack tiny cheese bars, an apple  and I make a ham sandwich and store this  in my insulated lunch bag so I have something on hand when I tour.  I stick an ice pack in with it to keep it cool along with a bottle of water.

Good luck!

Join eNewsletter