Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
Mermaid's Mom

Gluten Digestive Enzymes

Rate this topic

So clearly the goal is to NOT ingest Gluten!! LOL  But does any one take a Gluten Digestive Enzyme:  http://www.seroyal.ca/products/all-products/digest-gluten-plus.html

To even help digest the trace amounts in gluten-free foods?  Or to help reduce the impact of an accidental cross contamination?

Just curios if it is worth looking into?

I personally tried enzymes ment to eliminate gluten like over 2 years ago.....did not help much if hardly any and I have a personal grudge and extremely opposed to any kind of enzyme that says it can help break it down before you react to. Now for some of the less sensitive it might help lower the severity  of the reaction but for me and those of us really sensitive or get ER level sick from it I would not even bother with them.   Fact is there is no guarantee it will destroy it enough before it reaching your intestines, your immune response will still be triggered to some degree, and you will still cause damage to your intestines (in my case also causes nerve and brain damage).

As celiac is a autoimmune disease where our body gets confused and attacks the wrong thing and goes nuts with gluten I think the cure/way to alleviate the symptoms should probably be approached from a different angle like a vaccine/gluten ebi pen to change the way our body reacts to the gluten proteins perhaps even turning off the t cells and immune response on a targeted level.    THIS is currently in testing and seems much more promising.

In the mean time your better off investing in a gluten test kit or EZ strips if you want to chance it.......Nima is overly sensitive but still alright EZ-strips is just expensive and tad iffy to use but quite accurate if done right.