Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

sstar

No urge to urinate?

Rate this topic

Hi, I recently was tested (blood) and got a positive for celiac disease. I'm 31 and have had 3 kids, and no longer have the urge to urinate. I birthed all of my children naturally, no c-sections, no surgeries. I thought perhaps there was some trauma during the birth and attributed it to that. But have come across a few things online saying that bladder problems can be related to celiac disease? I have been to a few doctors for this problem, including a very confused urologist (I asked him about my stomach bloating issue with pictures of it- before having any clue it was from celiac!) and he wanted to run some tests but I have not been back. I had multiple (or perhaps just one very bad) urinary infections which would not go away for about 6 months. The last round of harder antibiotics finally killed it off.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have not met with a GI yet to ask, I'm super poor right now! hah.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

7 hours ago, sstar said:

Hi, I recently was tested (blood) and got a positive for celiac disease. I'm 31 and have had 3 kids, and no longer have the urge to urinate. I birthed all of my children naturally, no c-sections, no surgeries. I thought perhaps there was some trauma during the birth and attributed it to that. But have come across a few things online saying that bladder problems can be related to celiac disease? I have been to a few doctors for this problem, including a very confused urologist (I asked him about my stomach bloating issue with pictures of it- before having any clue it was from celiac!) and he wanted to run some tests but I have not been back. I had multiple (or perhaps just one very bad) urinary infections which would not go away for about 6 months. The last round of harder antibiotics finally killed it off.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have not met with a GI yet to ask, I'm super poor right now! hah.

Are you now gluten free? Urinary issues are definitely a celiac / NCGS symptom. I used to drink tons of water / other drinks and had to urinate quite frequently when I was eating gluten. Once I stopped this was no longer the case. I still have the urge to urinate though, but far less frequently!

Join eNewsletter

Yes, I am now gluten free. Every doctor I tell this to is super confused as to why I don't have this sensation anymore! I have read that celiac can cause frequent urge to urinate, not the other way around but was hoping there were others like me hah. At some point I guess I will head back to the urologist.

Join eNewsletter