This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Testers Needed for new Sandwich Bread

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

As a bakery owner, I focus on gluten and grain free dessert baked goods. But I have had clientele ask for a plain sandwich bread. I need to make it grain free, starch free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, yeast free. I have a good base down and after 5 trials. I have 2 base recipes down that make dessert, and a savory one. The recipe currently makes a mid size loaf in a disposable foil pan. Needing to scale it up to commercial sized loaf pan.....going to hate this part of the adjustment. Anyway to speed up the process of development I am looking for someone else willing to help. I will highlight the changes done, the recipe will not be posted publicly as this is for my bakery only and anyone who helps with it is welcome to use it in their own house. Requirements are to source certain brands of ingredients, measure to the gram, and give me bulleteted feed back on changes and recommendations on thoughts. Right now in the phase of scaling it to full loaf pan and timing, So far bullet progress report to where I am

*Egg yolks makes for a dense bread change to Egg beaters or Egg whites
*Using a oil makes it rich like a pound cake, not good for sandwich bread use water instead.
*Needed binding agent, no gums or starches. Used Psyllium Husk, came out a tad to fluffy soft.....godly but not your tough sandwich bread upping by 2x fourth batch for chewier texture.
*Omitting salt is a bad idea, keep to reducing sodium by using Ener-G instead of Baking Soda
*Using a combination of and having to double the amount I am using Ener-G Baking Soda Sub and Baking Powder This works wonderful.
*Used lemon juice first 3 times for a acid to make it rise as a yeast free quick bread....taste like a lemon loaf cake but so soft and fluffy....this makes a angel cake seem like cardboard. Next time use Apple Cider Vinegar for a nuetural acid flavor.
*Double the Vinegar or at least increase by 50% and add the Soda Sub and baking powder after mixing everything else for maximum rise.

Current nutritional profile NOTE double it for the intended full size loaf slice as this is for a mid loaf pan loaf.

new bread.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived