Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexisb

Was My D An Early Preg. Symptom Or Glutening?

I am trying to conceive and am SURE (Are we ever really sure, though!?) that I didn't have any gluten in my diet. All of a sudden, this weekend terrible diarrhea hit me like when I realized I had celiac. Perhaps this means I'm pregnant? Or else, perhaps something slipped into my diet? I'm panicking a little, because I of course want to stay healthy, yet I've never had diarrhea to my knowledge without it being because of celiac. Did anyone out there have diarrhea before she found out she was pregnant? Any words of wisdom, girls?

**** Okay, it's the next day, and now I found out I'm indeed pregnant. I'm still curious about that little episode of sickness, though. I'd still love to hear from anyone who ever had D while preg. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest cassidy

That didn't happen to me although all sorts of other odd things did. I started having symptoms 4 days aftter ovulation - including morning sickness then even though people say it doesn't happen until 6 weeks.

The waiting to find out time was so tough.

Hope you are pregnant!

I was pregnant many times (even though I 'only' managed to have five kids), and can assure you, that diarrhea is definitely NOT a sign of being pregnant. If you didn't have gluten, maybe the culprit is something else you're intolerant to, like dairy or soy.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------