Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gary

Please Answer Enterolab Question

Hey,

I just had a quick question for anyone who can answer it. I'm wanting to order the enterolab package to check for gluten sensitivity, ect. THE WHOLE WORKS. But right now I'm in the process of applying to dental school which means I'm flying all over the place interviewing. There is nothing in the package that makes it so that it needs to be completed right away and sent in is there. I was wondering because I was about to order but am going to be gone for the next 3-4 days and I don't want to cause any problems in the process of the test. Are the tests ok to sit for a few days before they are completed and sent in? Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Gary

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Gary,

There is nothing that can't wait until you get back. Good luck on your school applications.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Are the tests ok to sit for a few days before they are completed and sent in?

What they send you is a collection bucket for your poop and swabs for your tissue samples from your cheek. They can sit unopened as long as you need them to.

However, keep in mind that once you DO collect your samples you may need to freeze it if it's not going out the next day. Swabs are good for only a week--if you anticipate having to wait longer than that to send them in you have to freeze them.

The samples can only be sent on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, so plan to collect your sample accordingly. Once you collect your sample, box it up, put it in the bag and call for pickup. Then you can leave it on your porch and go to work, like I did.

They give you explicit directions on how to mail the sample back.

Good luck, and let us know what your results are!

Toni

Casein free since June 2006.

Gluten free since August 2006

Egg and Soy free since October 2006.

Diagnosis of IBS May 2006.

Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia September 2006.

Negative biopsy and blood tests.

EnterLab results:

Gluten intolerance

Egg intolerance

Soy intolerance

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5) which means I have one celiac gene and one sensitivity gene.

Mother of three special boys. (and not just because of their dx's)

Married 13 years to a guy who wishes we weren't all so "special!"