Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2wheels4eyes

Cooqi

Finally got to try the wares at Cooqi (http://cooqiglutenfree.com), the brand-new gluten-free bakery in St. Paul today (corner of Marshall and Cretin.) Small but great space--lots of seating in front of a big window, a little play area with a toy kitchen set for the kids, wi-fi for the grown ups.

And most important... totally amazing totally gluten-free, peanut-free and (in some cases) casein-free baked goods! I tried one of everything that was left today--the cookies, the cupcakes, the coffee. (They also do a variety of breads, dinner rolls, frozen cookie & pizza doughs, cakes etc.) The cookies were **transcendent**. I've been gluten-free a short enough time to remember what "real" food is like--these cookies are amazing. Sure, a gluten-free cookie is (relatively) easier to do, but a **transcendent** cookie? The ginger ones are the best I've ever had, period. And I have a serious thing for ginger cookies--I try them everywhere I go (or used to). Not just the taste but the texture of these was perfect--crunchy and chewy simultaneously: absolutely divine. The cupcakes too sweet for me but my coffee date lwith a sweet tooth oved them (as would anyone under the age of 15). Again, texture was fabulous: moist but not too moist, rich but not depressingly dense, good and not grainy mouthfeel...

Can't wait to try the rest of their products! FYI--they were totally cleaned out--of everything--by 4:30 today. But apparently they will reserve stuff for you if you call ahead. They're also hiring another baker so maybe soon they'll extend their hours and product volume.

Yay!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):