Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corrine

Is Unisom G/f?

My daughter has had insomnia since I brought her home from the hospital as an infant. It is genetic and I use Trazadone to sleep but our dr. won't give her anything as she is 14.5. She is unable to take melatonin as it kicks in her celiac and the valerian isn't working any long. She is a hyper sensetive celiac so I am afraid of trying the homopathic route too much. I've bought Unisom but it sounds like it isn't any different than taking chloratripolon. And is it gluten-free?

Corrine

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well I wonder if this is my culprit to not getting better. I've taken it for years off and on. There is NO phone number to the manufacturer only an email. I even tried the number to call who makes unisom for them and had to leave a message..arrrgghhhh. I am going to avoid it from now on until I get an answer. Has anyone else taken unisom.

Here are the ingredients. Do any look suspicious?

Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycolate

Celiac diagnosed 2002 from being scoped "flat vili" Began to feel better but have always had:

Anemia, Elevated liver enzymes on and off for 15 years, dizziness off and on, Brain fog off and on, Most recent TAILBONE PAIN, 2 LARGE breast lumps, a pounding heart, and elevated cholesterol.

I found out I had been taking vitamins and eating protein bars that had gluten in them when I was told they didnt. And most recently I was taking unisom always assuming it was gluten-free I can't believe I did not check into this. I am in the process of calling the manufacturer but no answer yet. If you know of anything or can help me, I'd love a PM from you![/size]