Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On feb 16 this year i was told i had Celiac disease....after the intial shock was over of totaly changing how and what i eat and live....my doc requested a Crohn's Disease test much to my surprize....are these two diseases connected in anyway shape or form??..why would he request one if there not???.....trying to be totally gluten-free ( still in the discovery stage and the lack of not knowing all the "hidden" gluten products)....i still have all my symptons as if i wasnt gluten-free.....should i be asking for a food allerige test to see if what the "new" diet has me eating if i have a reaction to things like corn?????......at times if feel so depressed and frustrated....i realize recovery and healing of all the damage takes time.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know why he would suggest Crohn's unless he wasn't sure it was celiac. Or maybe he thinks you might have both.

It is difficult to get all the gluten removed from your diet. In the beginning you may want to stick with meat, fish, eggs, veggies, fruit, brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes. All those foods are naturally gluten-free and except for the eggs and corn, as you have mentioned, are not top allergens.

Once you're feeling better, then start adding back in foods you like but have been avoiding, except for gluten containing foods. I've been gluten-free for over a year now and have literally replaced everything with a gluten-free version. I don't eat sandwiches, but I never ate them very often anyway.

BTW, Tinkyada is a GREAT pasta. It's gluten-free, made from brown rice, and I think it cooks up better than normal pasta. It certainly does better in casserole type dishes.

Good luck and welcome!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Crohn's is associated with celiac, so he may think you have both. Or he may think you just have Crohn's now since you are not responding well to going gluten-free. The best way to figure out is to ASK the doctor!