Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f-starmach

Gluten Free Shop In Boston

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi!

Whole Food's generally has a good selection, and even their own line of gluten free stuff called The Gluten Free Pantry. Great cookies and scones! But they carry gluten-free pasta, frozen breads, and everything is cleary labeled. I frequent the one in Brighton, but there is also one in Cambridge and one off of Mass Ave. near Symphony Hall. I also frequent the Shaw's-there is one on Huntington Ave. and one off Commonwealth Ave. Both of them have pretty good natural food sections, especially the one on Huntington. And as an added bonus, that store also sells beer, wine, and liquor including the Red Bridge gluten free beer by Budweiser. Both stores, while some what expensive have a pretty good selection, and I buy all my stuff there. Try not to go to a Stop and Shop, they have zip for gluten free stuff!

Gluten free since June 2002

Attempting to be Soy Free since May 2006 : )

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS

Hi!

Whole Food's generally has a good selection, and even their own line of gluten free stuff called The Gluten Free Pantry. Great cookies and scones! But they carry gluten-free pasta, frozen breads, and everything is cleary labeled. I frequent the one in Brighton, but there is also one in Cambridge and one off of Mass Ave. near Symphony Hall. I also frequent the Shaw's-there is one on Huntington Ave. and one off Commonwealth Ave. Both of them have pretty good natural food sections, especially the one on Huntington. And as an added bonus, that store also sells beer, wine, and liquor including the Red Bridge gluten free beer by Budweiser. Both stores, while some what expensive have a pretty good selection, and I buy all my stuff there. Try not to go to a Stop and Shop, they have zip for gluten free stuff!

Thank you for the detailed information. I will be visiting Boston next week so this is very useful info for me.

Shaws , Star Market, almost any of the larger grocery stores have a pretty good selection of gluten-free foods. Trader Joes also has some gluten-free items.

Brenda Diagnosed Celiac 2005 Woodville, Massachusetts

The Stop & Shop in Malden, just outside of Boston has a decent gluten free selection. Getting to Whole Foods is a pain since I moved outside of the city, but now shopping is less expensive.

I go to Wild Oats once a month or so to buy Chebe bread and a few other goodies. For normal shopping, I can still get my Tinkyada pasta and a bunch of fresh produce and whatnot from Stop & Shop, so no special trips are needed all the time anymore.

I do miss living across the street from the Symphony Wild Oats!