Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vic

Should I Be Tested?

I have been diagnosed in the past with Fibromyalgia, anemia, IBS, magnesium deficiency. I had a tooth crumble for no apparent reason. My mother has osteoporosis and a thyroid condition.

About a year ago I started itching TERRIBLY. (It was more like red BURNING skin than itching.) I went from doctor to doctor and none helped. Then I read a book about allergies and it said wheat was the most common one. I eliminated wheat from my diet and all the burning went away. I still eat VERY small amounts of wheat and I will notice tingling skin when I do. I was tested for Celiac a while back but I had been wheat free for about a month when I did it. The test was negative. My question is, should I be tested again? I saw a gastro and he said I probably should but he didn't think itching was a sign of Celiac but of an allergy.

I am afraid to eat wheat again as it is miserable to do so. If I have Celiac and eat small amounts of wheat (soy sauce etc.), Is that really that bad to do? Should I be tested so that I can be sure? Do you think I have Celiac or just an allergy?

Guest j_mommy

I,personally, needed the DX. Some just do the diet and that's enough for them. If you do have celiac and are still eating some wheat(ie soy sause) then you are doing damage!

So the question is do you want to go back on gluten and do the test or is diet results enough for you???? you have to be eating gluten for the tests to be correct!