Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickchick

Chocolate Meringue Cookies

Straight from my French Culinary Guide to Healthy Cooking cookbook...

simple enough :)

I'm thinking these would be good with non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt squished in the middle or vanilla soy dream whatever your diet requires!!! Make sure to read the labels...

3 large egg whites

1/8 tsp cream of tartar

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 375F.

Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment.

Place the eggwhites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl, beat with elecric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar and beat on high until the whites are stiff and shiny.

Sift the cocoa powder in whites and gently fold in until just blended.

Drop tablespoonfuls onto the parchment, about one-inch apart. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cookies are dry. Carefully peel them off and place them on a wire rack to cool. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Store covered at room temperature.

Yeild:24 cookies

Nutritional info:

per 3 cookies

95 calories

0.8 grams of fat

0 grams saturated fat

0 mg cholesterol

enjoy!

Straight from my French Culinary Guide to Healthy Cooking cookbook...

simple enough :)

I'm thinking these would be good with non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt squished in the middle or vanilla soy dream whatever your diet requires!!! Make sure to read the labels...

3 large egg whites

1/8 tsp cream of tartar

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 375F.

Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment.

Place the eggwhites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl, beat with elecric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar and beat on high until the whites are stiff and shiny.

Sift the cocoa powder in whites and gently fold in until just blended.

Drop tablespoonfuls onto the parchment, about one-inch apart. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cookies are dry. Carefully peel them off and place them on a wire rack to cool. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Store covered at room temperature.

Yeild:24 cookies

Nutritional info:

per 3 cookies

95 calories

0.8 grams of fat

0 grams saturated fat

0 mg cholesterol

enjoy!

These are great, I even put a few mini-choc. chips in. I skip the powdered sugar. They disappear so fast, they never make to the storage container.

LOL!