Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhill

Celiac And Factor V Leiden

I saw a post from another subscriber wondering about a connection between FV Leiden and Celiac. I am also curious to know if there is a correlation. I am positive for Factor V and developed a DVT 4 years ago which developed into a pulmonary embolism. I was very lucky and was on Coumadin for 10 months and now take fish oil and Nattokinase daily. I have had gastrointestinal problems for the past 20 years and have tried one thing and another to solve my problems. I went gluten free over a year ago and since that time have had minimal problems. Since Celiac Disease and gluten sensitivity/intolerance affect the immune system and I am reading some of the group seem to have stomach issues, I am wondering if there is a connection between Factor V and glucose intolerance/Celiac. Also, my mother and brother are Factor V positive and also have gluten intolerance issues. My brother has had trouble with gallstones and this summer had a GIST tumor removed from his stomach.

I saw a post from another subscriber wondering about a connection between FV Leiden and Celiac.

No. I asked Dr Moll - the consultant Hemo at the FVL site, and Director of the Thrombophilia Program at the Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology, UNC Chapel Hill. The answer was 'no', and there is there also no association with other autoimmune conditions.