Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sickchick

I Am So Irritable

I just need to whine desperately.

I got off the "g" the first of the month so I am still up to my eyeballs in withdrawls & stuff

I get so grouchy when I eat something. Anything. And I am exhausted. Before I went off gluten my nervous system was jacked up from reacting to everything I ate, now my nervous system is at peace and I am so tired I feel like I could go to sleep and not wake up for like 5 years.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am still eating vitamins and probiotics I went off coffee today and switched to green tea.

Do I have to just ride it out? I can't think of anything to do to make it better HAHAHA

lovelove

grumpygrumpy

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sorry you aren't feeling well.

It can take a while for your body to adjust. Staying really well hydrated is very important, so is getting enough rest.

You may want to consider illuminating other foods from your diet while your body heals (dairy, corn, soy tend to be big problems for a lot of people during the transition).

Coffee is a big irritant, so that was a good move (although you can get grouchy with caffeine withdrawal as well)

Your body is doing a lot of hard work right now. You are probably tired and have every right to not feel well and be a little less than chipper.

Get as much rest as you can, keep eating good whole foods that can nourish your body. Its a phase and it won't be forever.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with some suggestions for getting over the hump.

Thank you mel for your support! I am feeling a little better today... I got glutened by a vitamin last week and I think it took my body a while to snap back as well. B)

be healthy!

sickchick

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

I feel a bit Aristotelian (NOT my favorite philosopher, btw) in my response here, but your body is telling you that it isn't happy with what your head decided. Do not fear, your body will eventually catch up to what your head decided. In the meantime, as the middle child between two brothers, I can tell you that TORTURE of anyone who crosses paths with you is an excellent response, mind games are special fun. Please do not mention my name.

Hope you feel better soon!

Margaret :)

I feel a bit Aristotelian (NOT my favorite philosopher, btw) in my response here, but your body is telling you that it isn't happy with what your head decided. Do not fear, your body will eventually catch up to what your head decided. In the meantime, as the middle child between two brothers, I can tell you that TORTURE of anyone who crosses paths with you is an excellent response, mind games are special fun. Please do not mention my name.

Hope you feel better soon!

Margaret :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Or you could just get some comedy DVD's to cheer you up, I recommend Robin Williams Live on Broadway.

Try to eat lots of avocado, it's good brain food. Oh, and at the health food store is a package of coconut macaroons by Jennie's, they're in a yellow canister. They're just coconut, eggs, and honey. They make good brain food too. And yummy.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I can't think of anything to do to make it better HAHAHA

THERE IS YOUR ANSWER. Just keep laughing. Anything you can do that keeps you laughing will keep up the mood. Laughter is the best medicine. Keep riding it out!

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."