Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kathy'sUnicorns

They Are Out To Get Me.......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

All last week and then today people are bringing in cookies and cakes and tons of stuff with gluten. I think that the evil glute is out to get me :D It's a conspiracy I tell you! :ph34r:

It's fall. People are baking... trying to perfect their recipes before the holidays. If possible, hide a stash of something yummy and gluten free that you can eat when you just can't stand it anymore.

I recently found Glutino Vanilla Wafers - Chocolate covered. They taste wonderful! The box has 16 cookies, and each cookie has just 40 calories (serving size is 4 cookies, 160 calories per serving). I took a whole box and put each cookie in its own baggie. I've got them in my desk at work. I figure I can politely decline anything offered, and if I decide I must have something, go back to my own desk and get a cookie. I wrapped them individually so I'm not tempted to eat the whole box. Someone with more will-power than I have could probably just bring the box to work and eat one at a time as needed.

btw - the cookies I mentioned have soy and dairy. If you are soy or dairy free, I apologize for possibly making the temptation even worse. But no matter what your food restrictions are, find something that you truly love and would consider a treat, not something you eat every day. It really does help.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter