Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwertyui

Blood Test Question?

I am having some other health problems related to my thyroid and hormone levels. I believe that I am a celiac, and have been gluten free for about 10 years. I have many symptoms of celiac, and I don't take it lightly. I think I may have PCOS, and am going to get tested and hopefully go to an endrocronologist to get checked out. I'm not feeling well at all. My GP feels that I need to get a positive reading on a celiac blood test in order to move forward with the PCOS diagnosis.

So- my questions are:

1) Do I need to eat gluten for 6 weeks in order to get the reading? I have been poisoned for sure over the past 10 years, but I am terrified to eat it again, and be terrible sick. I'm self employed, and I don't know what I would do.

2) I also have Hashimotos disease. Are Celiac, hashimoto, and PCOS related? My doctor says no. I have read that autoammune diseases may compound as you get older, and that celiac and thyroid disorders are usually tied together.

Please help me. I know that there is something not right. Any thoughts would help.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter