Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pepperzoe

Confused By Test Results

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it means that you have Ttg antibodies that come from eating gluten (this is what secondary to dietary somethingoreanother means)

Can you still get the blood tests done somehow?

Did you do the gene test? If DQ2 or 8, your ordinary blood tests might show positive for celiac. enterolab is way more sensitive and can only say you are gluten sensitive. The researchers do not want too many positive results for celiac so Enteroloab cannot say they diagnose celiac, only gluten sensitivity, officially.

nora

gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.

daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.

non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5

Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet

Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

Join eNewsletter

Here's the response I received from Entrolab.

"Every body produces an enzyme called tissue transglutaminase. The main purpose of this enzyme is to help your body digest and process the gluten protein. However, if you cannot digest the gluten protein in the first place, this enzyme cannot properly function, therefore your body begins producing the antitissue tranglutaminase. In other words, it attacking and trying to destroy the healthy enzyme so your body is essentially attacking itself. This is an autoimmune reaction confirming that you are susceptible to developing other autoimmune disorders, arthritis and diabetes being the most common, however this can cover the entire scope of autoimmune disorders. With many people the autoimmune reaction is secondary to the gluten sensitivity."

I wish my doctor would just test me so we could go over the results. So happy this board exists because this is confusing.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter