Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrsry

Wdyt--glutened Or Just Sick?

I started having a headache on Thursday (4 days ago) that I thought was a migraine coming on. I had aura symptoms such as flashing lights and weakness in one hand that I very rarely get with migraines. I waited for the headache to go away and focused on taking care of my husband, who had a stomach virus.

By the end of the weekend I noticed that I had not had an appetite that whole time, and I was starting to have D. This was in addition to the bouts of nausea that I had when the pain from the headache got worse. This morning I found that it is manageable if I lie very still, but when I get up and walk around the pain gets unbearable, I feel hot and cold, and the nausea comes back. When I try to eat, I end up having to go to the bathroom again.

I've tried calling my neurologist's office as well as my primary care dr, and neither one has returned my call, so I feel like I'm on my own here! Usually when I'm glutened I just have a lot of cramps and having to go to the bathroom. Does this sound like a glutening or do you think I'm just sick with a bug? (Or something else like a migraine that won't die?)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

sounds more like a bug, if it doesn't match gluten symptoms. hope you get feeling better :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.