Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uniquelymade

Help No Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Corn, Potatoes, Rice, Apples, Citrus Friuts

I'm new here and I need LOTS of help.

I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 7/24/07.

I got better once gluten was removed but only for a short time.

Then I removed dairy and was relieved BIG TIME!

For the first time, the brain fog lifted.

During that time I started using quite a bit of soy products.

Well, you know the story.... I can't have soy anymore.

My soy reaction is the same as gluten! :angry:

Even soy lecithin makes my joints ache.

Well, now I am having a reaction to potatoes.

I can't have them in any form now.

They make me achy all over immediately.

I also get dizzy.

Now rice is doing the same thing.

The only rice product that I don't react to is rice cakes!!!

Now if all that wasn't enough I also had a reaction to apples, corn (Bad achy), and citrus fruits.

Please help me.

I am in a rut with my eating.

I need some ideas.

I'm going crazy!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It sounds to me like you may be intolerant to lectins and salicylates, like me (gluten is a lectin).

Here are a couple of links to find out about those. These sites have been immensely helpful to me.

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

http://www.foodcanmakeyouill.co.uk/sali/salfood.htm

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds to me like you may be intolerant to lectins and salicylates, like me (gluten is a lectin).

Here are a couple of links to find out about those. These sites have been immensely helpful to me.

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

http://www.foodcanmakeyouill.co.uk/sali/salfood.htm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I went to those websites.

WOW!!! I hope that I don't have those intolerances as well.

I really don't know what I will eat.

I don't react at this time to eggplant, tomatoes, or other friuts.

But potatoes and rice are bad!!!

Can you give me any help on how to get better faster.

What to eat now.

Any book reccommendations.

What do you eat?

Thanks!

I had a ton of intolerances come out once I started to heal from gluten. I believe I had leaky gut. I started taking probiotics and baby myself with the foods that didnt bother me which was a small handful and about a year later I could eat most of the foods that use to bother me.

Check out the specific carbohydrate diet. It is very strict, but lots of people report improvement. I am now intolerant to so many things that I am considering starting the diet after the holidays. Or at least making the yogurt (so that it has far more beneficial bacteria than commercially available yogurt). I currently cannot have dairy, but quite a few people report being able to tolerate the yogurt.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

Try to stay as natural as possible with your foods and buy organic if you can.

Give yourself at least 6 monts - 1 year to heal.

If you find you still have a lot of intolerances you'll need to do some further digging.

We didn't have damage, that we know of, so we knew our food intolerances were due to something else.

How do you do with pears? Also with your veggies you may want to cook them soft so your intestines don't have to work so hard to break them down.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.