Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pugluver31902

Pizza Pizza Pizza!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Bummer!! The closest location for me is in South Elgin and that's still a haul!! I have heard of them - it's good to know this because my husband's family is south and that's a good place to go to for dinner when we visit.

Laura

Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 1992

Diagnosed Adult ADD and Panic Disorder 2005

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant 2006

Just be aware that they are franchised and so far this is the only location I have found that offers gluten free. The owner is awsome. He told me he can not believe how many people order the gluten free pizza's he is almost overwhelmed by the demand. He orders the dough from a company, and then adds everything else on and bakes it there. My husband went in and asked him what precautions he takes for cross contamination and he really had no idea what we were talking about. So I was really bummed, but a few weeks later my husband went in to ask him if we could buy the frozen pizza crusts to make at home and the owner was like "Oh!! Im so glad you came back! I was really hoping you would come back! After you left I started thinking about what you said and I did some research. You were right! I need to be more careful. So now we cook the gluten free on thier own pans, and spread the sauce from its own container and get cheese from a seperate container. Everyone changes there gloves and we dont use the same utensils on the wheat pizza's." That made me feel good. I mean everyone is different and he did caution that there is flour in the kitchen so if anyone has a life or death allergy they probably should not eat there, but he did seem pretty knowledgable about how to prevent CC.