Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourgirl

Panhandle Wv

Hi. I am newly diagnosed, about 3 months ago. Am still really struggling with health issues. I'm wondering if there are any support groups in the Martinsburg WV area? If not, how about any locals wanting to start one? I appreciate this forum, knowing there are people out there going through it too.

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi. I am newly diagnosed, about 3 months ago. Am still really struggling with health issues. I'm wondering if there are any support groups in the Martinsburg WV area? If not, how about any locals wanting to start one? I appreciate this forum, knowing there are people out there going through it too.

Hi Flourgirl,

I live up near the Berkeley Springs / Hancock area and there is nothing in the way of support groups where we are. You are about 45 mins from me. If you need some support or have questions or concerns, I am most certainly willing to help by telephone and email. Maybe we can meet and go out to Outback or Carabas for a gluten-free meal periodically :) I have never gone out to eat at either one of them but both are in Hagerstown, a good midway spot.

Write me and lets exchange phone numbers. My email address kathinfred at aol dot com

Kathy

I practice daily, learning how to be content because it makes life so much more fulfilling and so less complicated.

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him, who gives me strength.

The apostle Paul in Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV)

Hi! I don't live in WV but I grew up there so your post caught my eye. My dad and sister still live in the Eastern panhandle. We get back to visit once or twice a year from south Texas. Good luck finding a support group ... I live in a big city and can't find an active one (looking specifically for children).

Lesley

Mom of Catherine - 01/18/05 (Celiac, Reflux, Psoriasis)