Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moongirl

gluten-free Shopping In Maui Hawaii

So im going to maui this fall, staying at a condo,so i have a kitchen and all the good stuff, but I was wonder how the gluten-free shopping was at the supermarkets, i have a feeling im going to be packing abag of food from here!

Also i heard a whole foods was opening but not sure when!

Dx & gluten-free since 12/09/05

Positive blood and endo test

Boston, MA

What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry that our local Hawaiian expert has just left the country for several weeks. I am sure that you can come up with lots of information here if you do a search for Hawaii.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Here are some health food stores on Maui. I used to live there and just came back from a trip there last month! I bet you could call if you have anything specific in mind. I'm not really in touch with the restaurants there anymore but if you have a kitchen at your condo you should be okay.

MANA FOODS

49 Baldwin Avenue

Paia, Maui, HI 96779

808-579-8078

ALIVE AND WELL

340 Hana Highway

Kahului, Maui, HI 96732

808-877-4950

HAWAIIAN MOONS

2411 S. Kihei Rd.

Kihei, Maui, HI 96753

808-875-4356

Join eNewsletter

I recall seeing 2 health food stores on Maui (The first being on the main street as your making your way out of the airport toward the other side of the island and the other in Lahaina). I believe the two stores were of the same chain although the name escapes me. Also, there is a grocery store in Kaanapali that I shopped at as we also stayed in a condo and cooked our own meals (saves a ton of money!). Finally, you'll find several road-side fruit and veg stands around the island which is great for grabbing a quick snack.

Enjoy your trip!

Cleveland Bob B)

"Dreams Are What The Future Is Made Of"

Endoscopy & Blood Work Positive.....

gluten-free Since December 2004.....

Soy Intolerant August 2007......

Join eNewsletter

Hello, I live on Maui and I wanted to let you know there is another health food store here called Down to Earth. They even have a website. I shop there all the time and I just found that the smaller location near me has Enjoy Life cookies. While their gluten-free selection could be better, it's better than the standard grocery stores.

For the best selection of mixes and a few other products Alive & Well in Kahului is good. They carry Pamela's cookies. Some of their employees are very knowledgeable and helpful (while at other times the people in the deli had no idea what gluten was & kept thinking I was asking if there was dairy in something when I said the word "wheat").

Another good thing that I just ran across is a really great restaurant on the nothern part of the island called "Pan". It's in Haiku. The staff was very genuine and helpful in helping me to pick out a great dinner. While it's pricey, you do pay for the service you get. Most of their entrees are safe, and if you can do dairy then you can have their mashed potatoes too.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter