Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

Elevated Platelets

I've put this question out there before, but I'm wondering if anyone has any new opinions - recent bloodwork shows continued increase in platelet count. When I research this, inflammation is a possible cause. My Ttg was negative, so is it possible to still have inflammation? My hematologist want to investigate further. I've been putting this off for over a year, but now I have to let him look into this. Any opinions? Also, the gastro wants me to take B-12 shots for "low reading" (not below normal) Should I take the shots?

Thanks!

Kathy C.

Kathy C.

Ft.Lauderdale, Fl.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've put this question out there before, but I'm wondering if anyone has any new opinions - recent bloodwork shows continued increase in platelet count. When I research this, inflammation is a possible cause. My Ttg was negative, so is it possible to still have inflammation? My hematologist want to investigate further. I've been putting this off for over a year, but now I have to let him look into this. Any opinions? Also, the gastro wants me to take B-12 shots for "low reading" (not below normal) Should I take the shots?

Thanks!

Kathy C.

Please don't quote me on this as I haven't done extensive research into platelet counts. However, we did go through this with my father when he was battling cancer. His platelet count was astronomically high at the time (following chemotherapy...this would not pertain to your case). I then read that platelets are very small and that there are many other things in the blood that can mistakenly be counted as a platelet (like fibrin in the blood). This could lead to a wrong conclusion that the platelet count is high when in truth, it could be normal. Inflammation would increase fibrin in the blood and fibrin can be mistakenly counted as platelets.

That being said, we opted to try a product called Serralone for my father's platelet count. And wouldn't you know...in less than 3 days his count was back to normal. Serralone is a protoelytic enzyme that "eats" fibrin in the blood, tissues and organs. It will help dissolve any "non-living" matter in the body (that also means it can dissolve cysts, scar tissue, blood clots, etc.).

So I would say yes...you could be getting that high reading due to inflammation regardless of tTg levels. Are you experiencing any other problems in conjunction with this?

Vicky

Any opinions? Also, the gastro wants me to take B-12 shots for "low reading" (not below normal) Should I take the shots?

Thanks!

Kathy C.

I do B12 shots for energy because I have Lyme disease and I get really fatigued very easily. When I first started them, I felt a lot better. So, I would suggest you try them. They don't hurt much at all either.

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007