Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hlm34

Marcello's Father And Son Pizza - Now Have gluten-free Pizza

So a friend of mine told me that Marcello's Father and Son pizzaria is now offering a gluten-free pizza. I called the Logan Square location near my house and its true! they have it! apparently they worked with the U of C Celiac foundation for taste testing and making sure the right procedures were followed. She says its really good. I am going to go there tonight to check it out. I am so excited! There are a couple locations in Chicago and one in Northbrook i think.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest digmom1014

OMG! Please keep us informed. I moved to NC last year and spent my first 42 years in Chicago. We visit at least twice a year and I am nervous about our visit this July. We always go out for pizza, it is part of the family tradition.

went there on Friday and it was good. it was so great to dine-in at a place and order pizza. there is just something about having pizza made for you instead of making it yourself. It was all goey, and greasy and warm and good when served at our table. my husband (who is not gluten-free) even liked it. it only comes in the 12 inch size at this point, so we ordered two 12-inch pizzas and had some for leftovers. it was great. its a super thin crust and i am wondering how well it would hold up for delivery. but for the dine-in, it was awesome. i was very happy.

Just so you know digmom, Lou Malnati's has a crustless pizza that is pretty good too. its basically a layer of sausage topped with cheese and sauce and whatever toppings you want. So, i kind of like the Marcello's a little better because it tastes more like real pizza, but Malnati's is pretty good too.