Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MelliDuff

Rash Not Dh

Anyone have a rash that comes up after eating gluten that is not DH? I have had this rash on my face since I was 18 , I used to take tetracycline for it. About two days after I ate some gluten it came up in 3 different patches on my face. I am starting to wonder if the two are related. Anyone else ever heard of this? :huh:

Hashimoto's (Hypothyroidism) 07

Anemia, Folic acid and B12 deficiencies Feb/08

Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus April/08

Biopsy and endoscopy pos 08

Chronic Gastritis - barf - 08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, gluten can cause rashes other than DH in people who are gluten intolerant. I used to get psoriasis from gluten, and eczema on my hands and legs from gluten.

But I also get large pus-filled pimples on my face from peppers, and my daughter and several of my grandchildren get horrible eczema from dairy.

Any food you are intolerant to can cause skin problems.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, gluten can cause rashes other than DH in people who are gluten intolerant. I used to get psoriasis from gluten, and eczema on my hands and legs from gluten.

But I also get large pus-filled pimples on my face from peppers, and my daughter and several of my grandchildren get horrible eczema from dairy.

Any food you are intolerant to can cause skin problems.

That sounds like what I get on my face the clear puss filled little pimple like things. I had a martini the other night and woke up with a small patch on my face. It dawned on me that the alcohol might have been derived from grains and I didn't bother to check it.

I am careful about never eating any gluten but I try not to be overly careful because for one I don't get as sick as most people do with celiac. Plus it's to inconvenient to be extremely vigalent all the time. I did go to a dermatologist for the rash many years ago I think he said it was dermatitis? I'm not sure, I am thinking it is set off by gluten.

Thanks for the responses :)

Hashimoto's (Hypothyroidism) 07

Anemia, Folic acid and B12 deficiencies Feb/08

Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus April/08

Biopsy and endoscopy pos 08

Chronic Gastritis - barf - 08

Is the rash surrounded with redness? My daughter has had rosy rashy cheeks for years. We just learned she cannot have gluten and she has been gluten-free for about a month. No improvement though! She also has a chronic case of psorasis all over her body. Poor kid.

~ TammyK ~ Learning so much from this forum! (Thank You)

11 yr. old daughter

Asthma, Allergies to wheat, dog, cat, trees, grass, pollen, dust mites, dx 2004

Onset of seizures & migraines caused by gluten, 5/08

Focusing every day to stay seizure free without meds

39 yr. old mother:

Hypothyroid dx 2004 after battling it for way too long

Adrenal Insufficiency dx 2004

Multiple Miscarriages

Infertility for 11 yrs. now

Rashy & itchy caused by wheat, oats and eggs. Gassy too.

Both of us are currently gluten-free, caseine-free, soy-free & MSG-free.

3 older siblings & 1 loving husband: eating healthier because of us :)